Here is some of the reasons why you should buy wood-pellets
- Efficient | Wood pellets are an efficient source of heat because they contain very low levels of moisture and ash, when compared to woodchips or cordwood. Virtually all of the material is burned and converted to heat.
- Cost-effective | Wood pellets are economically competitive with home fossil fuel options and electric heat. Relative to other home heating alternatives, pellet fuel prices are less volatile.
- Convenient | Bags of pellets are easy to store. A ton of pellets consists of fifty 40-lb bags and stacks neatly in a 4′ x 4′ x’ 4′ area. Bags of pellets pour directly into a stove hopper, and regulating the rate at which the fuel flows into the hopper is easy given the small, uniform size of the pellets.
- Environmentally responsible | Wood pellets are a sustainable fuel source, and burning wood pellets is carbon neutral.
- Renewable | Wood pellets are a biomass product made of wood waste or other forest-thinning byproducts. According to data collected by the Pellet Fuels Institute, wood pellets are an unlimited fuel source.
- Locally produced | Wood pellet mills provide jobs, support local economies and can lead to energy independence.